The National Foundation; focused on raising funds for rural Australia
The Foundation supports Active Farmers by providing funding to help establish new chapters … and expand their mission. August 2019 we initiated our first $25,000 disbursement to the charity.
Active Farmers is a not-for-profit health promotion organisation, bringing together farmers and locals in small farming communities, through group fitness in a fun and interactive environment.
Designed especially for farmers with limited or no local access to fitness expertise and equipment, Active Farmers provides motivational, challenging and fun training sessions to help promote great physical health and mental wellbeing, and suits all levels of fitness and experience.
Active Farmers also provides a range of other services to complement the ultimate aim of improving mental health in regional areas, including nutrition, mindfulness, massage and access to mental health specialists online.
Active Farmers Events for 2019 and 2020
- Active Farmers launch event @Adelong – 26th August 2019
- Active Farmers launch event @Jamestown (SA) – September – date TBA
- Active Farmers launch event @Kingaroy – October – date TBA
- Active Farmers launch event @Lake Grace – October – date TBA
- Active Farmers Summit (two-day personal trainer workshop) – 29th & 30th August, Wagga Wagga
- Active Farmers Fundraising Bike Ride (Forbes to Mangoplah) – 15th – 17th September.
- Grand finale event, 17th September from 4pm at the woodshed at Mangoplah
- Active Farmers Games – 14th March 2020, Lake Centenary Temora
- Bringing the bush to the big smoke (fundraising event in Sydney) – 9th May 2020
We welcome your donation to help rural Australia via an EFT transfer …
or click the DONATE button.
Australian Horizons Foundation
“We can’t stop the drought and bring on rain, but with your help we can certainly ease the misery, stress and staggering hardships our rural people and communities are currently experiencing!”
Penny Johnson, Board Director and former Deputy Mayor of Cook Shire, Queensland.